Buildingworks has many years of experience with residential renovations, extensions and maintenance. Our aim is to always please our customers by providing the highest level of workmanship and service. Buildingworks are honest and reliable, completing projects on time and within agreed budget. As well as building services we also provide project management, carpentry and painting services.
We work on a whole range of projects, including:
Residential Project types
Renovating your home, but keeping within the existing external walls of the house.
Projects which extend the size of your home, either upwards or outwards (or both!).
Window & Door Joinery
Leaking or rotten windows? We can replace aluminium and timber door and window frames.
For your own dream kitchen or for investment properties, ask us about renovating your kitchen.
It doesn't just have to be a wooden paling fence anymore, ask us about fencing options.
We supply the following qualified, reliable and quality tradespeople and services;
All our subcontractors and suppliers for these trades operate Health and Safety management systems and have Liability Insurance.
The Renovation Process
- Work out your budget
- Contact Buildingworks and our project managers will visit site to talk through your ideas. We can offer suggestions for cost saving and also provide a very high level approximate cost for your project, generally based on sqm.
- If needed, Buildingworks can arrange a site meeting with an architect so that concept plans can be drawn up.
- An approximate price can then be provided before the project proceeds further.
- When the approximate price is approved the plan can be finalised to include more detail in the design*.
- Engineers may need to be consulted such as geotech (ground condition) and structural design*
- Detailed plans are submitted to Council for approval and priced by Buildingworks.*
- Project scope is finalised and costs are approved with customer.
- Buildingworks contract signed and a start date planned (if project over $30,000 inc gst).
- Builldingworks starts on site!
*Please note not all projects require an architect, engineer or council consents.
Working with a Buildingworks Project Manager
The project manager will work with you throughout the project and be your point of contact for all day to day queries – from design stage right through to sign off stage. Our project managers are experienced carpenters who enjoy helping customer’s dreams for their homes become reality.
The Project Manager’s role is:
- Main point of contact for customer
- Oversee design
- Liaise with architects, designers, engineers, council
- Organise Council inspections
- Manage the onsite team including health and safety
- Monitor costs of project – price unforeseen/additional work if it arises.
- Manage subcontractors and services
- Ensure quality of work
- Advise customer of timeframes for selection of fixtures, fittings or paint colours (if needed)
- Visit site regularly
- Go that extra mile!
Working with the Buildingworks team
Our Vision is what our team works towards and our Values are how we go about achieving our Vision. We help our staff be the best they can be at work to achieve satisfying results for themselves, Buildingworks and our customers!
We are proud of our Buildingworks team of quality carpenters and painters whose skills range from experienced through to apprentice level. We hire based on experience and also a good fit for the Buildingworks team.
For other trades we prefer to only use our quality and reliable tradespeople who work within our project timeframes. Projects run efficiently and smoothly when we are project managing the whole process, this can save customers money and time.
For more information, please call Brendon Lindsay on 021 770 417 or email us at